About Us

My photo
Jamie, Summer, Jeff, Paige, Darin, Kaitlyn, Taylor, Mark and Jade

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter bread baking.

For some reason I've had this desire to bake artisan breads. I don't know where it came from but I just want to bake bread. So this Easter I'm baking traditional Easter breads. The first is from England, Hot Crossed buns. These are baked with spices and currents, topped with a little frosting cross. Can't wait to try them.


The second is a combination of a couple of Easter favorites. The bread is a Czech recipe with nuts and dried fruit. I've braid the dough in a ring shape and tucked in colored eggs like an Italian pane di pasqua.



So have a Happy Easter !!!!

1 comment:

Mark and Kaitlyn said...

Dad, you are my hero and so hilarious! I'm glad you got an urge to perfect your bread making skills. Really miss you and everyone on this Easter. Can't wait to see you in May!